Friedlander & Gorris, P.A. is a litigation boutique focusing on corporate law litigation, alternative entity disputes, commercial litigation, and federal securities law cases in Delaware state and federal courts.
The firm was founded in 1996 as Lamb & Bouchard, P.A. It was renamed Bouchard & Friedlander, P.A. in 1997, when Stephen Lamb became Vice Chancellor of the Delaware Court of Chancery. The firm’s current name dates to 2014, when Andre Bouchard became Chancellor of the Court of Chancery.
From its inception, the firm has litigated against the largest national and Delaware law firms, and we often work as co-counsel with the most prestigious national law firms. Our clients are typically referred to us by counsel knowledgeable about the Delaware legal market and the Delaware Court of Chancery. Unlike most firms that practice before the Delaware Court of Chancery, we represent both plaintiffs and defendants in stockholder class and derivative actions. We believe that combination of experience enhances our effectiveness. We bring to every case a high level of partner involvement, devotion to the highest standards of written and oral advocacy, and a willingness to litigate cases through trial.
In 2015, Benchmark Litigation recognized us as “Delaware Firm of the Year.” The 2016 edition of Chambers USA designates the firm as “Band 1” and describes the firm as follows:
- An esteemed litigation boutique, recognized for its plaintiff-side work in corporate law disputes. Praised for its high-quality representation of clients in commercial disputes, securities litigation and alternative entity disputes.
Our notable representations include:
- obtaining the largest cash settlement in the history of the Court of Chancery, $275 million, in a class and derivative action;
- obtaining and collecting a $98 million final judgment, affirmed on appeal, against RBC Capital Markets, LLC in a class action;
- representing the members of the Court of Chancery in their official capacity in litigation challenging the constitutionality of a state statute; and
- representing the Governor of Delaware in litigation brought by the major sports leagues to invalidate sports betting in Delaware.
Various representations in which one or both current partners of the firm have had a substantial role are described on the practice area sections of our website in reverse chronological order. We invite you to learn more about us by browsing this site, or by contacting us by phone or email. We are always willing to discuss retentions on a contingent or non-traditional basis that aligns our compensation with the client’s economic objectives.
Friedlander & Gorris, P.A.
1201 N. Market Street
Wilmington, Delaware 19801
T: 302 573 3500
F: 302 573 3501